Happy News Years everyone! For today I thought I'd share a quick and easy recipe I use all the time for half-eaten PB & J. It's a staple in our home and the kids really do most of the work for you. It's five simple steps and I know it's something you'll want to reach for on "those days" when you need things to be simple. Am I right??
Recipe for half-eaten PB & J
1. On a Monday, go to your local grocery store and buy tons of groceries. By Tuesday, you should feel like you don’t have any food in the house.
2. Because you have no more food in the house, make a few PB & J sandwiches for your small child/children. Use whatever bread, peanut butter, and jelly you have available.
3. Allow your child to eat the sandwich and take it apart as they see fit.
4. Wait for the child to abandon the sandwich and resolve that you are going to clean it up soon. Make an announcement that you're going to do a little bit of "laundry" first (check your phone, look at the mail) before you clean up the kitchen.
5. Make sure to leave the sandwich unattended on the high chair/table for at least a half hour to an hour. You want to let it become not quite so stale that you wouldn't still consider eating eat it... but just stale enough that you will regret eating it afterwards.
6. Repeat the same process for half-eaten pasta and apple slices later in the evening.
I hope you guys enjoy the meal. Please leave a comment with some of your favorite half-eaten recipes!